Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy on the block checking in. I bought a new 2012 2500 HD output about three weeks ago. This is my first Dodge diesel. Since 9 Dec, 2011 I have owned four RAM 1500 trucks. First two were the outdoorsman then the Laramie and finally the longhorn. All four were lemons due to engine stalling at any given speed. Got the dealer under the lemon law on all four trucks. Finally I said the heck with it and was going to buy a Chevy. However after test driving this new diesel, the 800 tq lbs plus the pure sexy look of the truck ~ interior and exterior and the pure power of the engine and tranny "forced" me to buy it.

I'm slowly starting to mod it out with the little things ~ leveling kit, 35" tires and a new type of custom wheels. Just had "all" the windows tinted including the front windshield. Waiting on some chrome goodies - bug guard, pillar posts, etc. Truck came with the Line-X bed liner. Just ordered a tonno cover (fiberglass) painted the exact same color as the truck. Having custom fiberglass mud flaps also painted same color as the truck. Both the tonno and flaps will be clear coated. I hate mud flaps but even hate more when ya have to paint the sides of the truck due to rocks and winter road salt.

Hope to learn a ton of information on this forum because just now finding it and registered, there appears to be a lot to learn about just how the forum is ran, let alone all the great knowledge I'm sure is in here some place.

Live in Oregon, 20 miles from the CA Border. Disabled Vet who loves to make the VA hate me even more than they do now. :Na_Na_Na_Na: :box:

Well that should do it for a check in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome

Welcome to dieselforums and thank you for your service.
Thank you very much. I was lucky to find this forum because I "Need" it. :D Was strictly a "gas" pick-up type of guy until I bought a new 08 Chevy Diesel that, in the end, was getting rotten mileage. Got this new 2012 Dodge 2500 HD OP and now it's like trying to learn how to ride a bike all over again. Sooooooooooooooo much to learn and want everything done to it like "yesterday." So with this forum, I feel there is no other place I need to go. If my questions can't be answered on here then I feel there is no place to get an answer.

Hope to be around for a long time.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Welcome to the forum. glad to have you and thank you for your service.
Sorry to read your dealership issues. hope this new truck takes good care of you.
Any questions just pot them in the section that matches your vehicle through the forum home pages.

Semper Fidelis
Rustin
USMC
94-98

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Welcome to Diesel Forums
Glad your here, enjoy your stay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.