Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:smileup: I just purchased a New 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab Long Horn with the 6.7 Cummins. I was wondering if there was anything we can do to increase HP and increase MPG without voiding the warranty. I have a few things in mind but I was just wondering what everyone else had in mind. Thanks Russell

·
Registered
28 Posts
you can probably get away with a intake and a filter back exhaust... If you add the programmer you may have warranty issues, but it varies from dealer to dealer...
removeing any of the cat/dpf equipment will void the warranty for sure....

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can always return the truck to stock for warranty work. A cold air intake and dpf back exhaust can remain on the truck as these will not void your warranty.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
You shouldn't have a problem with a cold air intake. Here is something that is on our company website that relates to your question.

Consumers buy aftermarket products for many reasons; higher quality, added performance, visual appeal, work requirements or just as a way to be different. The Car Companies do not like aftermarket products and never have. They believe consumers should only buy their parts. There is a battle going on for your freedom of choice and that freedom is being threatened by a number of wolves dressed in sheep’s clothing. Be it in the name of emissions standards, public safety, warranty requirements, or dependence on foreign oil, all these worthy causes may be used as a reason to reduce your right to choose and force you to buy only O/E Parts. That’s why on virtually every aftermarket company's web site; you will see a reference to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, a law needed to protect your right to buy non-O/E parts. There has even been a bill introduced recently in Congress called the “Right to Repair Act,” a bill designed to protect your right to have your vehicle serviced by an independent repair facility.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spoke with Dealer

The dealer seams like he would work with me if I had any problems with installing aftermarket parts. The dealer basicly told me if they could prove where one of my aftermarket parts had a direct reason for being responsibile for the problem then it would not be under warranty. I know this is a very gray area. I have been involved with all ends of the automotive industry all my life and I have seen where car dealers go to parts store and buy aftermarket parts because they did not have one in stock and they had to get the vehicle off the lift for the next victim. I find it simply amazing that we can add aftermarket products get better fuel economy them OEM and they try to give use a hard time about emissions. The engineers in Detroit shake there heads and don't understand, but they do understand it is all politics. Russell

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
When in question, just call the local dealer. I sell DPF delete kits to dealers who install them on customers trucks and have dealt with other dealers who raise the red flag over aftermarket diff covers.

James
RSD

·
Registered
9 Posts
delete

Do any of you live in california..? we have really stupid laws here about emissions... like having to smog your diesel...LAME ...!!!!!!! the tree hugger tofu eating liberal jack asses make it hard to modify any thing here...any of you have the same prob..??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts