Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pulled my trailer for the first time. I have a 7000lbs jayco. My engine was just rebuilt by Industrial Injection new pistons and rings new injectors and a s&B intake. My question is when pulling with the tow haul setting can you let the EGT's go in and out of 1200 or should you turn the over drive off?

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
What you're experiencing is considered normal for that engine. 1200 is high, but it was supposed to be around that mark for the catalytic converter to work properly. But to be on the safe side try a few things like driving style, don't drive so fast. Or it might be your tuner (which one is it?) Try disconnecting it. Test the accuracy of your pyrometer or install an analog pyrometer. The next thing is for you to look into your exhaust system is it stock? If not? Thats the next thing to upgrade or at least see if the cat is functioning. If that still does not work. The final thing would be to look into a turbo upgrade. Any time there are EGT problems, it means there is not enough air going out and possibly not enough cool air coming in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a triple dog power pup, stock turbo and exhaust was a straight piped no cat but the dealer put on a cat and muffler so it's stock now. It will shift out of overdrive but I don't want to blow up my motor. Can I turn overdrive off and on when it gets to hot?

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Try not using the triple power pup and see what that does. I mean disconnect it! Then drive normal. If you still see higher then normal egt's with or without overdrive, your having some issues with air movement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts