Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

im looking into buying a diesel truck. im a ford guy so im considering to get the powerstroke 6.0l.

so pretty much i want u guys to help me come to a conclusion powerstroke, cummins, or duramax. i will be modding this truck. i want the most reliable truck that is not going to break down on me. i want facts not peoples opinions. im going to buy a truck from 2000-2006. so let me know boys!

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
hey guys

im looking into buying a diesel truck. im a ford guy so im considering to get the powerstroke 6.0l.

so pretty much i want u guys to help me come to a conclusion powerstroke, cummins, or duramax. i will be modding this truck. i want the most reliable truck that is not going to break down on me. i want facts not peoples opinions. im going to buy a truck from 2000-2006. so let me know boys!
Now Daddy? "Boy" is a right racists word! :gy:
Any way if you decide to follow through with a 6.0l purchase make sure all of the TSB and Recalls have been fulfilled by the manufacturer. Then bullet proof it. If not I would say for the years your looking into is, either cummins, Duramax or a 7.3l the 6.0l will need some things upgraded but once thats out of the way you will have a reliable rig with plenty of power!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Both previous posts are correct.
What Rustin said, also aplies to the 2001 2006 Chev or GM Duramax. Make sure all the warranty and bulletins have been address then you will have a solid truck and a great platform for modifying.
But as Luke says. They all good. just find the one for you and get the best deal you can find.
I know you want only facts, but I'm gonna give you my opinion anyway. If your a Ford man at heart and have been a Ford man for a while. I would go to what your familiar with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts