Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a brand new one on the EXTREME cheap! What can i expect out of it? What setting should i use for daily driving without worrying about killing my automatic transmission. Supporting mods will be turbo back exaust upgrade, and a DIY intake. Please let me know. Thanks, Gregg

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
The manufacturer should have that info for you when you recieve the instrument. should be in the box, or online.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hmmmmm.... Not too sure bud. Everyone I know that has a 7.3 say that a Ts chip with custom tunes is the way to go. The custom tunes address tranny shift points and what not. I am not to sure what to expect with the Superchips FashPaq. Do you know if it allows you to make adjustments to the tranny?

·
Registered
543 Posts
I will ask a couple guy I know that have modified their 7.3s pretty heavily and see what they say.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The weak point of the 7.3 is the tranny, I would run all the tunes for a day and see how they shift, when I had mine I ran the 100hp tune and had no issues from TS.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
There is one last one nobody mentioned and that is Sniper tuning, SCT Flash-tuning, and Spartan? altho I do not know anything about spartan. I am a Big fan of SCT, and Sniper.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is one last one nobody mentioned and that is Sniper tuning, SCT Flash-tuning, and Spartan? altho I do not know anything about spartan. I am a Big fan of SCT, and Sniper.
UMMM OK THIS WAS RANDOM! the thread is about the superchips i bought, not a question what i should go with.... WAY TO GO RUSTY!!!!!! lol

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
UMMM OK THIS WAS RANDOM! the thread is about the superchips i bought, not a question what i should go with.... WAY TO GO RUSTY :wow:(DON'T EVER CALL ME "RUSTY!"):gy:!!!!!! lol
:hah:Yeah it was random! why you yellin? I thought I'd throw that one out there in case you wanted some other ideas. they would work with the Superchips!
Only a small privileged few call me Rusty, and with the exception of my father, the rest are not high on my liked list! LOL!:smiledown:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lmfao, i knew that would raise an eyebrow from ya! my computer at work is half retarded.. if only you knew what i have to deal with everytime i hit the submit/next/post button....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts