Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Newbe

Hi, My current truck is a gas model, but I indicated a diesel was in it just so the site would go through. My friend does have an old Ford diesel, 89 dually with the ol 7.6 I believe, auto and im thinking about buying it as it has low miles but has been sitting for quite some time. I kwow its old and will have age issues, tires, brakes,etc. but is there anything about the engine or tranny(auto) that i should be concerned about..?? Thanks

·
Registered
935 Posts
Hi, My current truck is a gas model, but I indicated a diesel was in it just so the site would go through. My friend does have an old Ford diesel, 89 dually with the ol 7.6 I believe, auto and im thinking about buying it as it has low miles but has been sitting for quite some time. I kwow its old and will have age issues, tires, brakes,etc. but is there anything about the engine or tranny(auto) that i should be concerned about..?? Thanks
I believe your friend has the old 6.9L ford. As for you maybe buying it. What would you be using it for?Daily driver,pulling trailers,ect.?

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I am new to this! Here is what I got. I have a 99 dodge diesel with an auto transmission. I am trying to figure out why it keeps reving up and down as i drive. When this problem happens my cruise control doesnt work and the brake abs system kicks in when I stop any Ideas?

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
This is the wrong thread for these types of questions! Whats going on?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts