Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here , im so new i dont have my truck yet , but as a guy thats 52 and knows that i want to retire someday and pull a large fifth wheel around the country ,, well i decided i need to get on here and hear all the pros and cons of Dodge Ford and Chevy ,, I need a one ton i know but beyond that im ALL ears , My name is Bret and any help is appreciated

·
Administrator
2017 Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo-Diesel
1,066 Posts
Welcome to the Diesel Forums from NC! Glad you joined, enjoy!

BTW, I moved your thread to the newbie section.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Hi Bret
Welcome to Diesel Forums
I'm glad you choose our friendly site for your source of diesel info.
Enjoy your stay.

Will you be buying NEW?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no , ill be going used ,, 2006 2007 , I want to stay away from the exhaust filter ,,, what sort of truck do you drive and what is it good at or not so good at ??? ,, by the way thanks for the welcome ,,,,,,,,,,Bret

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
They are comparatively relative. Similar torque, similar power, etc. I'd say go drive some examples of each and see what suits YOU the best!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Like what Gregg says. They are all great and very comparable.
Take them for a test drive. It comes down to personal preference.

But in my opinion, don't let the DPF sway you away from a late model truck if you can afford one.
I can only speak for my experience with Chev. My DPF is still on my truck (for now).
I don't notice it. I wanted the late model comfort, dependability and luxury so I spent that little extra. No regrets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts