Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well hello everyone, I would like some input on tuning my 2008 crew cab longbox 4x4. I want more MPG, I bought her in 07 and worked my way up to 15 MPGs. Then it dropped to around 9 to 10.6 MPG. :4-dontknow: I bought the wrong truck at the wrong time. I like my Fords so a different one is out of the ? right now.

What will I need to do as far as
DPF delete
EGR delete
Tuner
Exhaust
Cat delete ?

Anything else that I missed. Looking to spend about 1500.00 or so and would it be worth it.
Any help would be great.
Thanks Rich

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Welcome to DF Enjoy your stay.
I suggest you take your MPG question to the FORD section of the forum

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
welcome to the forum from one of your friendly forum super moderators. we hope you enjoy your stay and come back frequently and become a valuable member of the forum!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You need to delete your EGR/Cooler, Delete the DPF and install a DPF Delete Tuner. We prefer the Spartan Tuner or H&S Mini Maxx.
Thanks I have read that the Spartan tuner has a rough shift even with hauling a trailer. I haul a 33' steel goose neck that is about 13,000 lb. with my horses and such. My truck pulls great MPG sucks miss my 7.3.

What is the differeance between the Mini and the Black Maxx?

Thanks for your imput.
Rich

·
Registered
543 Posts
Welcome to DF from Colorado.

I like that fact that you are a loyal Ford man!! From all of the info from guys I know with 6.4s, H&S is the way to go. Many of them have tried both. One of the guys who just picked up a 450 put all the other items you mentioned on and an H&S tuner. He runs the higher hp tune and his MPG jumped a couple miles.

I am not fully knowledgeable on the 6.4s due to the fact that I am a 6.0 guy. Talk to Diesel Dawg some more, I am sure they can get you squared away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info. Think I will go with the Mini Maxx, DPF/delete, Cat/delete and the S & B intake.

Will a 4" or 5" exhaust make that much of a difference?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts