Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys back with another question.. My 99 2500 dsl is slipping but I've only noticed when accelerating in a corner from low speeds. Doesn't seem to be slipping other than other than that. Its not dropping into the lower gear needed is what it feels like. This has just started and not sure what I need to do. Fluid is full and there seems to be no leaks. Once again appreciate the help. Thanks ahead a time for any info/ knowledge you guys can give me

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Have you looked at your rear differential lately? I not sure if it's the transmission if it only happens around corners. Does it happen going straight if you romp on it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is an extreme rebuild consist of and what is the cost.. someone also said to check the differential.. would that make it happen.. and I have noticed the slip when going up hills with the cruise control on.. seems to do it when it needs more rpms going up hills

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I noticed the other day when I was using cruise control it was doing it when I was going up hills if the engine needed more rpms to keep the constant speed

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
What is an extreme rebuild consist of and what is the cost.. someone also said to check the differential.. would that make it happen.. and I have noticed the slip when going up hills with the cruise control on.. seems to do it when it needs more rpms going up hills
Ah if thats the case it's no longer the differential. If it were me I'd do a change in your trans mission fluid and see what the old fluid looks like. If the old fluid looks milky like strawberry milk your clutches need to be replaced. There for rebuild the whole transmission it will be only a matter of time before it finally gives up on you. If it's burnt looking I would say it could be the torque converter. You never know till you do a fluid change. Sometimes a fluid change is all it needs.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
I noticed the other day when I was using cruise control it was doing it when I was going up hills if the engine needed more rpms to keep the constant speed
I had this problem once to. Was your truck it loaded? If not? This could also be a sign of a fuel problem and not a transmission problem. Once again, to many variables and not enough information or visual information to really help you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The truck was not loaded.. cruise was set at 55mph and just slight hills nothing to steep.. I just changed the tranny fluid and the old fluid seemed fine not milky or burnt looking. It just started doing this like 2 weeks ago. I do not know what the old owner has done or did to the truck.. How many quarts does this truck take for the tranny fluid

1 - 8 of 8 Posts