Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Y'al, new here. Having trouble towing. Anyone know how to fix this? I have 2001 2500HD Chevy Duramax. pulling fifth wheel camper 12000lbs. aprox. after couple hundred miles if I have to slow down then start up again it goes into limp mode and won't go over 40 mph. I have to pull over, turn truck off, sit five mins. then start again. Then I have to be careful or it will keep doing it. Any Help or experience with this?

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Are you having to mash the throttle hard? I would definitely take it in and have it scanned for historical codes or any codes at all. Sounds like you're having some software issues or your truck is really trying to tell you something. When it goes into limp mode it is protecting it self from failure. Where are you from, and I will search out a shop for you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm in Pa. near Warminster. I have an appt. with my dealer for next week. The codes seem to suggest something with 4 wheel drive. they said does not make sense. Maybe it needs a trans cooler?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
When it goes into Limp Mode, did you check your transmission temperature???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
one place we stopped they gave us codes. U1041 EBC / U1024 TCM / U1026 TSC / U1064 BCM. I don't know if that tells anything? They said it had something to do with 4 wheel drive. but I wasn't using 4 wheel drive.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
U1024/U1024 Lost Communications With Transmission Control Module (TCM)

U1026 is a loss of communications with the transfercase control module

U1064 Loss of Communications with DIM

Sounds like your having computer issues.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts