Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good afternoon! i have just recently become interested in cars over the last 4 years, and have learned a lot, and helped my friends do some car work. I am NOT a mechanic! ha!

i have always been intrigued by a diesel engine. please excuse all my DUMB questions.

ok, i think it would be fun to get a USED diesel truck, auto transmission, and, with my smart friends, modify it to get lots of power. my concerns: the truck would then fail massachusetts inspection and i cannot drive it. The truck would die because we messed it up! ha!
one friend i would say is a super Cummins mechanic, and did lots to his truck. I THINK bigger turbo, intake, exhaust, hi pressure fuel injectors.
1. which part of this forum would I read to learn all the parts you modify and their abbreviations?
2.i have no prejudice, do you recommend Dodge, GMC, or Ford? fuel mileage not an issue. would like a reliable truck with tons of power. will NOT ever haul anything or carry anything.

thank you SO MUCH for helping a dummy like me.

best

Slowpoke:shrk:

·
Registered
935 Posts
Welcome to dieselforums.com from washington state.
Next,no question is dumb, and you are not dumb.
All the three brands are good trucks. The duramaxes have gotten much better since they first came out.Ford diesels aren't bad.And the cummins motors have a great reptation for reliability. I personally am a cummins guy. Don'tbe afraid to ask questions.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
We do have a section for you, but it needs people like you to ask the questions. We have a technical side and a general side. This site is still new and is in sever need of content among other things.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Welcome to Diesel Forums
Glad your here
Enjoy your stay

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts