Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '05 quad cab 2x4 dually...sucks in Wyoming and gets stuck in minimal snow...can't afford to buy 4x4 (but will) any recommendations on a good tire for highway use and snow/ice? Looking at the 235/80/17 goodyear silent armor prograd...or perhaps the cooper st's

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a '05 quad cab 2x4 dually...sucks in Wyoming and gets stuck in minimal snow...can't afford to buy 4x4 (but will) any recommendations on a good tire for highway use and snow/ice? Looking at the 235/80/17 goodyear silent armor prograd...or perhaps the cooper st's

I like the goodyears, I had those on my previous dually and they were good in snow and lasted a long time. Mine was a 4x4 thou.. I rarely used 4wd

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been very happy with my firestone destination AT's in the snow and ice we get here.
Scott

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
the Michelin LTX M/S2 or the Michelin LTX A/T2 should fit the bill for ya

OR possibly the Continental ExtremeWinterContact. its more of a winter tire but it is an all season and trust me their tires, have made long strides and are so superior in quality to a lot of the other name brand tires. we took the opportunity and got the continental extremecontact DWS tires for my wifes mazda3, and that thing instantly got subaru like traction in snow. those tires are simply amazing. the conmtinental tires are quiet, have tons of traction, smooth and required very very little weights to balance them.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
the Michelin LTX M/S2 or the Michelin LTX A/T2 should fit the bill for ya.
Thats what I would go for. I use the LT². They are great in snow But terrible in the ICE. Try looking into the

Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3

They are an excellent all around Tire. It's not ment for harsh weather like the
Michelin X-Ice Xi2

I might not have much for an income But I never simp on tires. I have used quite few different brands, but I have found that the michelins are the best.I pay big for them. I spent over $800. for this last set. The set before that lasted for over 60,000 miles This is mostly preference. I will not say anything bad about BFGood Rich, GoodYear, Firestone, Nokian, or Cooper. But I will say that I Dislike Yokahoma, and Nito. If your on a budget, find the best tire you can afford. If not save in advanced for a top set from the brand you know works for you.​

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Toyo Open Country A/T get my vote. Had two sets they ride nice, lasted a while, grip really well in snow and ice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Been shopping for a replacement for the Goodyear wranglers and found Toyo M/T open country's but heard they wander at highway speeds till broken in ?
Or considering a set of BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A radials in 295/70R-17.
Either way will be over $ 1100 for set, just want them to last longer than the Goodyear tires I have. 4x4 is hard on front tires !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts