Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You know what they say. grass is greener on the otherside. you get there and you found out it wasnt green grass but a trickery, just easter basket grass.

so you are wondering WTF is this nimrod talking about?
I'm talking about that one special vehicle you had that you loved and adored. But for whatever reason you got rid of it. Now in hindsight you cannot figure out what posessed you to get rid of it. Maybe it was the thought of a new car, or maybe it was a very temporary money issue or whatever.
So what was that vehicle? you dont have to discuss the reason you got rid of it, if you dont want to.
For me it was my 1982 Bronco that i swapped out the lil 302 for a built 460 big block... god i miss her.

video of the bastard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0TtUpYUABc

as well as my 2006 Chrysler 300c affectionately known as Dreamsicle.

video of the 300c on the dyno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv1HoDFwpzk

·
Registered
124 Posts
A 1969 short bed fleetside with a 68 front clip, chevy C10, 406 smallblock, 400 B&M trans,4:11 posi,3/4 drop,disk brake conversion,shaved bumpers,filled gate.We built this truck in 8 weeks for a weekend cruiser/show toy.I bought this truck for the motor trans to build a camaro but never found one good enough to build so after my wife said do something with it or get it outta my yard we built it.I showed it from 1990-1995 then was working so much it sat in the garage till 1998, i tried to give it to my son but he did not want it so i sold it and built another car.My son to this day is kicking himself for not taking it.This truck did mid 11's in the quarter all the rollpans and tailgate fill was hand formed from flat sheet metal, i still miss it but it is what it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thank's we have filled the void somewhat with the barracuda but the memorys come back when my son or i see one,we both have lost a few cars that we were close to but that one we miss the most.
1991 nissan 240sx 2.4ka built street racer[sons car]
2005 mustang v6 built street racer [sons car]
1974 toyota celica 400 smallblock chevy
? year pinto 351 cleaveland
1976 chevy 4x4 shortfleet lifted 400 smallblock
1978 pontiac lemans wagon pro street 305ho smallblock
1979 impala box chevy 355cid smallblock
1970 olds cutlass 350 rocket
1969 roadrunner 440 4 speed [4 bbl]
1972 grand torino 429 bigblock

thats it i think

·
Registered
1,448 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here is one that was very recent like December 2010. 2000 7.3 8 inch lift on 38's when I bought it(Only vehicle I bought already built). I had to get rid of the chrome 20's and 38's so I went to XD addict 17x9 with Toyo open country MT 37's. She was a good looking truck messed up the tranny and transfer case also.
The day I bought her.

Now the rims are on it.

As you can tell the name has stuck.

I miss the pit bike in the bed also. Hey Rattlesnake I could still ride that even with my weight. HAHA

·
Registered
543 Posts
Damn dude, that was a sweet lookin rig John!! You could ride the pit bike back then, but what about now? Would the tires hold up to the "pressure"? hahahahaha

·
Registered
543 Posts
Yeah, what Gregg said. Yeah.

Oh and by the way John... I am not a smurf dammit!!!! hahahaha

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
LOL good one Gregg :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.