Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, new member here. I tried doing a search but could not turn up what I was looking for.

To explain, My wife and I are about to sell our house, buy a 3500 and a 5th wheel trailer and go check out the country for a year or so and find a new place to live. We are currently in TN, and I love it, but she wants somewhere closer to the beach. I was thinking about NC, but I know for a fact they have emissions as I had to get my GTO tested when I was at Ft. Bragg. Next I was thinking about Southern Georgia, South Carolina or Texas. We do not have it hear in TN, but I do not think we will move back. She would love to live in FL, but I'm not sold on it. Basically I wanted to see if yall could chime in with your state, and whether or not you have emissions testing. The way I understand, doing the emissions delete really helps out with fuel mileage and engine life. I am a semi pro disc golfer and would love to downsize my camper when we are done so I could still travel out of state for tournaments. If I am going to drop 60k for a vehicle I want it to last for a while. Any help would be great, thanks yall!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Some states like The Peoples Republik on Commiphonia have a state wide mandate that encompasses every county, but other places have emissions testing by county mandate. Here is Colo. it is by county. Morgan county where I live doesn't have any emissions testing but neighboring Weld county dropped their diesel testing mandate but still test gassers. The Denver area counties, I think, still require emissions testing of all vehicles including diesels. Kansas is mostly, if not all, free of emissions testing. My 2011 Ram crew cab, long box, 4x4 made low 11s to mid 14 mpg hiway empty in stock form, but has made +/- 20 mpg on the same roads after tune/delete. I would sell my truck if I had to return it to stock, as I might as well drive a gasser considering the poor fuel mileage and upkeep cost of a diesel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all, new member here. I tried doing a search but could not turn up what I was looking for.

To explain, My wife and I are about to sell our house, buy a 3500 and a 5th wheel trailer and go check out the country for a year or so and find a new place to live. We are currently in TN, and I love it, but she wants somewhere closer to the beach. I was thinking about NC, but I know for a fact they have emissions as I had to get my GTO tested when I was at Ft. Bragg. Next I was thinking about Southern Georgia, South Carolina or Texas. We do not have it hear in TN, but I do not think we will move back. She would love to live in FL, but I'm not sold on it. Basically I wanted to see if yall could chime in with your state, and whether or not you have emissions testing. The way I understand, doing the emissions delete really helps out with fuel mileage and engine life. I am a semi pro disc golfer and would love to downsize my camper when we are done so I could still travel out of state for tournaments. If I am going to drop 60k for a vehicle I want it to last for a while. Any help would be great, thanks yall!
North Carolina does have emission testing for gas vehicles, depending which county, but does not have any emission testing for diesel vehicles at all in the entire state.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts