Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Chevy Duramax it keeps dieing. I have to prime it for it to start up again.It is getting to where if it sits for about a half hour it loses prime. I had this problem about a year ago, then it stopped I'm noticing it gets worse when it's hot or when i pulling my fifth wheel. It's died on me all day today i'ts 103 degress here and not pulling anything. What you think is the problem? Thank you Michael

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I can't help but think it's a moisture (humidity) problem.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Wow !!! interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing that Rustin And thanks to True Performance Diesel .

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey man I think im having the same problem but I would say to start off check your seal around your fuel filter. if you have a bad seal or no seal at all that could be your problem but if not there then check your fuel lines for a leak. place so cardboard under your truck on the ground run your truck for a little but and continue to check the cardboard to see if there is any visible diesel anywhere if none is visible then id move on to check the fuel pump. that parts gonna be a little more difficult but still doable good luck let us know if that helped out at all

·
Registered
5 Posts
ya man i tried all that a good while ago and i never did mess with trying to raise the bed to check the fuel pump because i didnt want to go through all the trouble of that without being able to diagnose it to the fuel pump but to me that seems like the most propable problem so i guess im gonna end up trying that but thanks for the input either way. let me know if you have any other suggestions. i took it to a diesel shop a month ago and all he did was change the fuel and air filter and charged me 470 dollars which i flipped out about because i had just changed the fuel filter not 4 months ago, but i guess thats all in the past now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts