Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted an ad on a local internet ad site to see how much interest there is gonna be on a Truck Club in my town.
So far in a 12 hrs I got one reply.
It was from a 4x4 supply store.

I'm trying to start up a family friendly respectable club.
A club that hosts Show and Shine events, Does fund raising for local charities.
Simply: This club would be a big part of the community and just generally have a GOOD rapport with the general public.

The 4x4 club here DOESN"T have a good rep in the area. (4x4 Cowboys) I want to change that with the trucks and 4x4 in the area.

I want to think of a catchy name for this club. some of my ideas were. North Bay Truck Club,... Northern Ontario Truck Club
Northern Trux Club

Any tips or suggestions to possibly create a local incentive
Oh ya.... The one thing that will make this club different from the rest here??? !!!! Is this new truck club with be affiliated with TreadLightly http://www.treadlightly.org/

Reactions: ZombieSoldier

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
starting a club is nerve racking. i have started 2 separate chapters of an existing world wide car and truck club. it is by no means an easy feat. you meet all the flakes of the world. all the people who wanted to be associated with the name but doesnt want to work to help the name.

just take your time, and best way to do it is talk to your close buddies and see if they would be interested in joining before you turn to the masses...

if you need or want anymore ideas send me a pm

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
You know I am trying to do the same thing! Our name is called Diesel Militia. We believe the same as you do. Except that we promote the Diesel Sport, and protecting the diesel community as a whole when they pass stupid stuff that we are just not ready for. All we need to do is get recognized. Which I do not have a clue how to do it nor do I know whom to contact.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
recognition comes from free advertising.. decals, bussiness cards, go to car shows and setup a little stand with flyers explaining the benefits of being a member, etc

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How long have you been at it RUSTIN ??? I only just made this commitment Thurs March 24,
I was starting to get a lil discouraged by this morning (Sunday) cause I only had 2 committed members. But as Zombie said. It's gonna take a while.
Thinking now... If it takes a while that will be OK... I don't want it to turn Overwhelming. It can grow slowly, that OK with me. It will give me time to learn.

PM sent Zomb. :)

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank Bud
YES very helpful... Car and truck show season isn't here for a couple of more months.
This gives me time to come up with a catchy name for the club and to produce some stickers, a banner and possibly baseball caps. as funding permits from now to June.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Eh Truck Club LMAO :)

Here is a one I've been thing about.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
We have been at it for over a year, and the recognition part is with other vehicle clubs. There is a national organization that you have to register to to get other clubs to recognize you officially, and this way you could host shows and have other clubs come and show off. This is very important. I have yet to find the organization. but then again I have yet to approach an auto club to get help? So We are dead in the water. We could use some members to.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is GREAT information guys. Very helpful.
I'm gonna look it over closer when I get back from work.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Aw... Dang it Zombie I cannot give you any rep, till I rep more people! Oh the humanity!

Reactions: ZombieSoldier

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It seems like I keep hitting dead ends because I haven't come up with a name yet.

It has come down to these....

BUT THEN This isn't bad.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
ugggh can't see the pics on work computer since photobucket and flickr is censored on military computers :(

i have some more ideas, but I will wait to hear what names you have in mind first

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ah sorry Gregg
It was just three ideas I came up with.
#1 Northern Styles Truck Club
#2 Northern Lights Truck Club
#3 Northern Trux Club

Everybody is welcome to just thro some ideas out there. that were the creativity comes from. It comes from other peoples ideas.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 29 Posts