Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think it would be cool to share our DIY projects with each other. So.... here is a new thread to post pics, share ideas, and and give some "CONSTRUCTIVE" criticism.

I will start with what I did this weekend....

Me and a friend, John, decided to do some less expensive customizations this weekend. He tinted his lights, while I focused on my interior.

I worked on gettin rid of the wood grain crap in my truck. I bought some black plastic paint to do them, but John came up with the idea of tinting them with the tail light paint, which we were using to tint his lights, so I went with it. I think it turned out well. I still need to run some water and steel wool over them, and then spray the clear coat.

Here are some pics.... Oh, and a decided to tint the worthless reflectors as well.

Coming up.... 6" single mitre stack install. The parts are on their way.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes sir, we sure as hell do!!!:smileup:

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Dog gone! I could have traded you my inserts for those woodgrain ones! Man! Oh well!

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Oh and do the dash next! At least around the gage cluster.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dog gone! I could have traded you my inserts for those woodgrain ones! Man! Oh well!
Oh and do the dash next! At least around the gage cluster.
No sir, the reason for me using the paint used for tinting lights, was that I hope, with enough coats and fine sanding, I can get a dark, almost black wood grain look.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most of my stack parts arrived, still waiting on a few more to complete the install. Last night I decided to prep and paint the stack itself. Sort of felt wrong to take some sand paper to a beautiful chrome stack, but what had to be done had to be done. hahaha

6" mitre purchased from Interstate Turbo Supply here in CO.

Partially sanded.

Sanded, cleaned, and ready for paint.

All painted up.

I will post pics of the install as progress unfolds.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks bro!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
OK this may seem like a stupid question... but why didn't you just buy it in Black?

When I saw the picture of the chrome sanded.. I thought you were gonna get it powder coated in anodize black. :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was about $40 cheaper to buy it like I did. My truck is running a black on blue theme, so black stack was a must.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Is that Right?

chrome don't get you home! :smileup::gy::kap::Na_Na_Na_Na::str: lol
Speak for yourself! I like my Chrome! BTW don't you have some Shiny chrome like powder coating going on under the hood. Hard to say chrome don't get you home?
:Na_Na_Na_Na:

·
Banned
1,488 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
My DIY project on my truck was my home made headache rack.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Glenn, that looks GREAT bud!!! Well done!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Thanks .... HAHAHA I just notice my first picture has my neighbors truck in it too
When I bought my truck, a week later my neighbors traded his gasser chev in for the same truck as mine LOL I like mine better. He has the 8 ft box :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts