Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and how to be effective in a Forum.

I hope this becomes a sticky, I'm only trying to help.

It has been brought to my attention that I may have over stepped my bounds to a platinum member. So there's a hierarchy? I hope being a member is not that of a peasant. If thats the case you're marketing to a group with no funds.
This was not brought to me by a PM or by the thread, This was through self realization.

I'm only here to help.​

My Background
Is in communications, Diesel technology and Search Engine Optimization.
I have been at this for quite some time and have gained notoriety from my colleagues.
I'm in no way an expert, but I can tell when I'm fed a bunch of horse pucky, and being treated like a snake oil salesmen.

This forum has yet to reach past a certain degree of a "PR" site. "PR" meaning "Press Release." To get this forum to a higher level it requires the members to understand where to post their content and help it to become relative to the thread, or section.

For Example: If a platinum member is selling Injectors for the three major vehicle manufacturers. It would be more effective to make each post dedicated to the brand with correct and effective keywords to target that brand. This is not always for the person that is reading the post, this is also for the web crawlers that need to index this page. It is natural to have it tailored for the person that needs this product for their specific vehicle.

When doing a post do use the pictures off your website, by using their image url. You can imbed a link behind it to your website using the BB code. Thus creating you a back link (which is good for page rank). Also by using your image url, if your site is well built and the alt tags are in place on all your images, your chances of ROI (return of investment) form this site will benefit.

The next and major thing that most if not the majority. Is post up in a thread that a potential client might have a need of your services. Thus creating you another opportunity to have another back link, and proving that you are "customer service!" This will help you in authority. I know this is hard, simply because we have some battle weary members that have been beat up by some armchair know it alls. All I have to say is state the facts, offer a solution, and if your wrong? Apologize. But keep your customer service top notch.

If you're a platinum member? This means that you have paid a decent amount to be able to market on this forum. I suggest that you try and Work with the forum and it's software and you will see the benefits. Same goes for the moderators and the many different levels of privileged members. Same goes for these add campaigns on this site. They are not being utilized correctly, but thats a different story.

Only the ones that have no care in what they do. Will not to see past the easy rout. Those are the ones that miss the rout completely.

This is posted to many forums and given freely by me. It's your marketing dollars. Make it work. Don't expect it to be posted and it's magically going to work. No forum can guarantee it! If they do? They are up for a serious legal debate. Especially forums that are marketing firms. They have no idea how to actually make it work. They are in my opinion Lazy to it's clients and members.

I hope some of this is help full and you can ask me questions on this thread or in private. Most technical questions are in private over the phone.

Thank you
Rustin Hawver
Director of Internet solutions
Vision Interface
Vision. Application. Simplicity.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So 15 views and no questions?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Well done man

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.