Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how much backspacing i need or how to calculate the spacing i need so i can get my new rims?
im trying to clear 37s-40s on a 2001 f250. front leaf springs, 10in superlift lift kit on it. im currently running 37s and they rub the leaf springs

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
you need the backspacing to go to a more negative backspacing which means your wheels hub will mover more towards the back of the wheel (making the wheel stick out further) rather than the front which would tuck your wheels in further. as far as how much, i would recommend talking to a wheel shop and see what they recommend as far as how much offset to go with.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Many tire shops will spend that extra bit of time with you in order to find out the appropriate off set you will need to use those tires. (as long as they think your gonna buy a set of rims or tires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Offset

You will need a -44 offset if using 12 inch wide wheel or a -19 to -22 offset if using a 10 inch wide wheel...

does anyone know how much backspacing i need or how to calculate the spacing i need so i can get my new rims?
Im trying to clear 37s-40s on a 2001 f250. Front leaf springs, 10in superlift lift kit on it. Im currently running 37s and they rub the leaf springs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts