Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a burnt out fog light yesterday so I went to Canadian Tire to pick up a bulb.
Every bulb was available Except a Replacement Fog Light Bulb.
So I had to go to the dealership.

Guess how much.... Oh hell I'll tell ya.. $62.00 for one for light bulb.

Reactions: Rustin

·
Registered
2 Posts
I refuse to go to stealers for just this reason... $60 for a bulb??? are YOU INSANE????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can get a nice SET of GE nighthawk ultras headlights for that price!!!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No no.. I'm not insane... I just want to keep my truck looking good.
I just spent $1600 this past fall to get my truck in shape for the winter. Ball joints, brakes, and all the fluids.
I will say. I'am looking for a compatible set of replacement fog light to replace these stock light. I don't want to replace the other fog light bulb.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To remove the burnt bulb.... You squeeze the two tabs on both sides of the bulb at the same time begin pulling outwards. (you may have to rock it back and forth while pulling.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once the bulb is out... The wiring only has one lock on the one side of the light.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
:rep: Good thread! I haven't given any rep points in a while. Mater of fact who have I not given Reps to? and with the exception of one. I have yet to receive any reps!:Na_Na_Na_Na::lam:

Reactions: In2Trux

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Rustin. Right back at ya.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Aw Shucks! Thank You!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah Man!!! :( I just did a search with the link you supplied (Oh and BTW Thanks)
I search a fog light bulb for my truck.
Rock Auto price $18.63 cdn
Dealership price $62,00 + taxes

Thanks for the link Zombie I'll be saving that in my favorites

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I installed my new bulb Feb 28 and now it's Mar 15 and it's burnt out :(

Any suggestions for a replacement light? I want to do away with these expensive stock bulbs with a less expensive after market fog light.

I was gonna order from Rock Auto but the online shipping calculator says $27.69 shipping for a $18.00 bulb

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I hung on to the package and the receipt. Today I had some time after work and took the bulb back and told them... I bought this 20 days ago and now it's burnt already...
He started in on their no return policy on electrical equipment. I said I was already aware of the policy but I said. But isn't there something you could do for me?
Thankfully the manager drives the simular truck as mine and has replace one already too.

Walked out with a free bulb WooHoo !!!!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
These expensive fog lights are not burning out as we normally know how a light burns out.
The filament is not it's weakest point. It's the electrical contacts to the plug.
It corrodes then breaks.
I added some electrical contact grease to hopefully get some longer life out of this new one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts