Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
I have a 1992 Dodge Ram g350 5.9L Cummins turbo Diesel 4x4 with a completely shot transmission and about 400.00 Miles on the engine
the Body is in ok shape IE the doors close and stuff but not much better.
The Bed on it is an awesome diamond steel step flatbed with a slanted rear and a folding 5th wheel hitch.
What im wanting to know is is it worth anything ? Should i sell the motor on it? or should i junk the whole thing?
it was my uncles truck and he used it for everything and then about a year ago the tranny quit and its been sitting ever since he told me i could do whatever i wanted with it.
I Live in snow country and need a 4x4 for winter but i dont need anyhting that big really not sure if i should sell it and pout the money towards something else or if its worth trying to fix up.
I took it to my mechaninc and he said that for a Dodge person its worth a decent amount but for a layman like me it would take alot to get it going.
not trying to use this as a classifieds i really like Dodge trucks and i want a pro's opinion.
Thanks all

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
spelling alert

Wow i typed that so fast i mispelled a ton I apolagize for the bad grammar
and promise to preview my post beforehand from now on

·
Registered
543 Posts
If it was me and I didn't want to spend the time fixing everything, I would part it out. I am sure you could make a little more money off of the motor and other items rather than selling it as a whole.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I would do your uncle proud and fix it like I'm sure he wants you to.
He would probably be VERY happy to see you driving around in it.

Sound like it would make an awesome restoration project.
FREE TRUCK I wish my uncle would give me a free truck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dodge

I apreciate the sentiment but my uncle is the one who told me to sell it.:sad:
as for parting it out i am ok with getting a little less money for it if it goes to someone who will restore it. how much do you think it would be worth sitting as it is now?
I have nowhere to work on it and absolutely no knowledge at this time so fixing it myself isnt going to be an option till i build a shop if i go that way..
thanks for the feedback BTW

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Well With out seeing it and just by what you said in your opening post.
If you could get $700 or $800 for the hole truck? I'd let it go. Or try to get $500 for the old engine, then part out what ever is still good on the truck.
Post it on Craiglist and see what kind of response you get.
Be sure to use the word Cummins in your Craigslist title.

Hopeful some Cummins members will chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all For the Info and Help guys (and gals perhaps)

(Zombie Soldier I found a buyer for it already i am sorry i would have offerred it to you if i had seen your post before i sold it )
Got $1800 for the whole truck from an old dodge mechanic turned farmer looking for a farm truck Great old guy knew everything about them...

I am getting a 1978 cj7. I was going to get a winch for it.
Anyone know the best winch for the money that will fit on a CJ7 Jeep?

Again thanks for the welcoming and helpful atmosphere

1 - 11 of 11 Posts