Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new here. I don't actually own a Diesel, but I figured this would be the best place to ask. So...
A co-worker of mine was at the Ky RV show recently and a Dodge dealer was there with a bunch of heavy duty trucks, one of which was the Power Wagon, what I currently own. The Dodge rep said their Power Wagon had the Cummins in it. As far as I know, this was not an option. It isn't even on the Ram trucks site. I called this dealer and the guy said it is a new option and you can get the Power Wagon edition with the Cummins.
Is this true? Have any of you guys heard about it. I would love to know. It would be totally bad ass if it did come with it.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I'm guessing if the dealership said it does... you should have no reason to doubt them.
Did this truck look like it was swapped out to a diesel?

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
I have no answer for you. the dealership here in california said you can order the decals on a cummins truck. Hard to say?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know if it was a swap out. I don't think it was. I wasn't there, but my buddy said he told the rep he thought it didn't come with it. I am actaully talking with them trying to figure it out.
Rustin, I hope people wouldn't just put decals on the truck, if it didn't truly have what a Power Wagon offers.

·
Registered
935 Posts
This is the first I'veheard of this. The last time i talked to a dealership i was told it wasnt an option.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Rustin, I hope people wouldn't just put decals on the truck, if it didn't truly have what a Power Wagon offers.
I have seen goofier stuff! I have seen people take a stock truck and build their truck to the higher designation using parts sourced from wrecked trucks. And getting the decals is not hard at all. I have seen dealers do some goofy stuff since they have the parts to. I once worked for Chris Nickel's Autohause in Tulsa OK. He did some interesting things, and made money for doing it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's been a while since I first asked this question, but from what I understand they do not offer the Power Wagon with the Cummins. It has something to do with the amount of torque the Cummins puts out and it would have negative affects on the point of the Power Wagon. Not 100% sure what it could do, but I have heard that from multiple sources.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
It's been a while since I first asked this question, but from what I understand they do not offer the Power Wagon with the Cummins. It has something to do with the amount of torque the Cummins puts out and it would have negative affects on the point of the Power Wagon. Not 100% sure what it could do, but I have heard that from multiple sources.
To much torque, on a power wagon?!!! No wonder Fiat owns them! Lee was right when he said is hand picked successor was his mistake!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts