Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this and haven't heard found any relevant info on pairing up alternative fuels. Diesel engines can use either propane or water/meth separately to increase performance (increased HP, small MPG gains, cleaner engine, lower EGT's etc), but I was wondering if it was possible to use the two at the same time to get the best of both worlds?

The way I understand it is that propane will help burn a larger percentage of fuel in the chamber. This will decrease soot, extend oil changes, increase HP, and increase MPG slightly. This is assuming it is used very moderately so as to not blow your engine or tranny.

Water/meth will decrease EGT's and slightly increase HP and possibly prevent carbon deposits from forming.

There are several threads on other forums claiming that NOS and water/meth are compatible together, but what about propane+water/meth?

I'm also looking to do DPF & EGR deletes, SMARTY tuner when available, INJEN air intake when available, full 5" exhaust.

Any help or comments on this stuff would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
meth and Nitrous is useable together (btw just a pet peeve of mine NOS is a brand, not a product) my bro-in-law uses it on his supercharged stroker C6 vette.. that car is insane (960+RWHP, and redoing the setup with twin turbos instead of the supercharger and shooting for 1100 RWHP).

as far as using it with propane you should be able to, but you are aware you can use nitrous on a diesel correct?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I read somewhere that it works for either gas or diesel. I've never priced out nitrous though. I'm just looking for ways to make the fuel in the cylinder combust as efficiently as possible. I'm probably over-thinking this a little to much and should probably just go with water/meth. I've got a while to go before I purchase anything though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts