Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock Megacab. The only addition is a Banks airbox. I was looking at the Smarty JR but a local guy recommended SMARTCHIPS.

I might do the EGR delete (as soon as I figure out the benefit). Not sure if I would gain anything by it. I also like the fact that I get no smoke out of this truck. I'm not big on the smoke. Will that cause more?

Suggestions? I am looking for some additional power and MPG if I can get it. I dont plan on getting all over it although it might be fun every once in a while.

So far I looked at Smarty Jr, Smartchips and possibly H&S

·
Registered
3 Posts
$70 Chips - any good?

There's a number of vendors offering simple chips that claim to increase MPG and power without damaging anything.
This is for my 03 Cummins I just got. It already has a free flow exhuast and intake. I have been trying to find some information that's not just add hype regarding the advantages of tuners and chips. I mostly want to up my mileage a few MPG.
Thanks

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
There's a number of vendors offering simple chips that claim to increase MPG and power without damaging anything.
This is for my 03 Cummins I just got. It already has a free flow exhuast and intake. I have been trying to find some information that's not just add hype regarding the advantages of tuners and chips. I mostly want to up my mileage a few MPG.
Thanks
You revived an old thread! Thank you! I forgot to respond to this. Chips are not the answer for a computer controlled Cummins powered Ram. Smarty is good and so is H&S. I would suggest EFILive to be the best (most costly to). Some tuners can turn off the EGR and DPF in the newer trucks. This will help in fuel economy. Keep in mind these are diesels, and there are no quick and cheap fixes. if you do your homework and search correctly you will find plenty of longevity and performance mods for your truck. However; they are more precisely engineered compared to a gas powered vehicle. So be careful what you pic and or use, and ask questions before you buy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 08 one ton dodge with egr delete dpi delete air cleaner and smarty jr. I love this truck,and now I love it even more.I get like 16 mpg in town on the number one econemy.when I put it on two for toweing I noticed that when I push the towe haul button that it does not do anything.So does that mean that when I towe my 34 foot 5th wheel I do not have to push that button anymore ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
You need to call Phil @ Anarchy Diesel or Cruz @ custom-diesel and get EFI Live. I have it on my truck and it drives like a totally different truck. On the custom economy tune im getting 15.9 mpg and thats city driving.

EFI Live is the best and most effecient out there. Guys are coming over from bully dog, H&S, Smarty ect and they notice a huge differance...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.