Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 3500 ram diesel:
Just installed a AFE cold air intake and installed great but now when I'm driving it makes a funny noise like a horse nahhin or it almost sounds like the diesel exhausts noise it does it every once and a while either at a even speed or when I'm on the peddle, Any one have any answers for this little noise problem of mine or any one have this same problem???

Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
welcome to the forums first and foremost. dont forget to introduce yourself in the newbie checkin area.

are you sure it isnt exhaust drone?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Have you tried the process of elimination ??? Put the old OEM set up back on to see if the problem disappears??

I've never heard of a noisy air intake... other then when we use to turn the 4 bl carb breather cover upside down so it would Mooo like a cow when you put you foot in it :smileup:

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
I have a 2011 3500 ram diesel:
Just installed a AFE cold air intake and installed great but now when I'm driving it makes a funny noise like a horse nahhin or it almost sounds like the diesel exhausts noise it does it every once and a while either at a even speed or when I'm on the peddle, Any one have any answers for this little noise problem of mine or any one have this same problem???

Thanks
Jason
Hmm... Make sure you have installed it correctly. You might have an area not sealed. If it persists, contact a representative of the company you bought it from and make sure it is normal noise. It should change the sound a bit, but not excessive. Any loss in power?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts