Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1989 F250 with a 7.3 diesel. When I have to suddenly hit the brakes to stop it will cut off, starts right back up and runs fine. Also if I am sitting still idleing in park and rev engine up and let off throttle it will cut off. Has any ever had this problem or any suggestions.

Gary

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
welcome to the site first off...

as far as your question, I am stumped. Hopefully we get some of our other members to stop in here and help you out!

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Oh Crap! I missed this one! TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) needs to be checked. Also Scan the truck for codes. You might have an ICP (Injector Control Pressure) sensor might be crapping out on you. Sorry I took such a long time. I hope your still around. Were you able to get it fixed?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Welcome to the family Gary.
I hope Rustin's suggestions help. I was thinking along the lines of a fuel supply issue too

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Welcome to the family Gary.
I hope Rustin's suggestions help. I was thinking along the lines of a fuel supply issue too
Uh? Actually my suggestions blow chunks! Reason being, because his truck's an IDI (Indirect Diesel Injection). So to be more helpful to this guy. I would like to know if it was smoking when it was running. I would agree it is a fuel delivery issue. So his fuel filters need to be checked, his pump might have some issues.
The glow plug relay or the glow plugs them selves need to be checked. This is an old thread that I wasn't available to help on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts