Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently deployed overseas and im trying to diagnose th problem before i get home if possible... As im driving down the road my truck shifts into all gears just fine until O.D. at which time will jump back and forth from 4th to O.D. if i am maintaining around 1700 rpms but if i floor it there is no problem at all with the shifting. My first thoughts are the APPS, any ideas?

1999 Ram 2500 5.9L, auto trans

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Give us a moment. SRT should have a book on this.

·
Registered
28 Posts
make sure your battery terminals and cables are clean and in good condition...make sure the charging system is working normaly as well... this does not sound like an apps issue at this point
my .02

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill be sure to make sure the charging system is good when i get home, i know that the battery terminals are clean and have good contact though, thanks... im at camp leatherneck afghanistan right now. what province is tikrit im not familiar with it. i was in al taqaddum when i was over there2 years ago. stay safe

·
Registered
2 Posts
My brother had the same problem with his truck, he had vp44 work done to it to fix it, he had all types of transmission work done to and still no fixing the problem that you have. Final answer it was the negative battery cable was loose and bad and it was causing shortage to the electrical system which in return caused the torque convertor to shift in/out of overdrive so take a look at that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts