Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I received some good news.
I just won the Peterson CAT Scholarship! The total award was $650. This will be used to finish my A/S degree in Diesel Technology at Shasta College. I am seriously looking into transferring to a university for a bachelors. The unfortunate thing is, California has no upper graduate studies in diesel tech. So I figured I'm a natural at marketing, I might want to study that? Learn the basic foundations that i'm might be missing. I have been kicking my self in the pants for not going back to school when I was younger. Back then I was not in the right frame of mind. I always figured I could make more money without a degree, in some cases I have. I just had to work extra hard for it. The even bigger kick in the pants was being told I needed a degree to move up in the work structure. I always thought it was the good ole boy copout for nepotism. I do regret the time I wasted in my youth, but I will never squander my education! May this thread inspire somebody!
I'd like to Thank:
Raymond Nicholas; Head of the Diesel technology program, and
Dr. Brian Spillane; Dean of Students, for their letters of recommendation! Thank you both for believing in me!

Above all else My class and the Shasta College Diesel Technology and 4x4 Club! May you folks be proud of me, and keep raising the bar of excellence as I have. And to my Fiancee'! Thank you for supporting me! I still have a few other plans in the works! I will do everything possible to make us a success!​

And to the foundation that rewarded me the scholarship!

Thank You!

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Zombie! I worked hard for my division to receive the scholarship!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts