Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made the official mistake, I put about 5 gal (gas) by mistake in and then finished with a fill up in my 2009 dodge 2500, will catastrophique faillure happen? or can I take a chance with driving home 60 milles?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Welcome to the forum Your very brave to come onto a diesel forum and admit you put gas in your diesel tank LOL OK I won't tease ... your new here.
Some old school diesel owners will put a gallon or two of gas in their full tank of diesel to thin it out a bit to prevent gelling.
Drive it gently. Don't load her up too much or work it too hard.

Keep in mind the introduction to the form and the disclaimer. dieselforums.com will not be held responsible or held liable for any content direction advice or instruction resulting in property damage or injury.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
you can drive it, but she wont be super happy. by all means PLEASE put some diesel fuel additive such as Rev-X in it so as to prevent cylinderwall washing from the gasoline.

·
Registered
124 Posts
When i bought my first diesel ram in 95 i was at the dealership and my salesman took it over to the gas pump and commenced to fillin er up for me i walked over and i could smell gasoline i said hey man thats gasoline your putting in my diesel truck the look on his face was classic with out missing a beat he said thats ok we'll drive it to service and drain it out i said if you even try to start it i'll killya we pushed it into service and they had to remove the tank [30 plus gallons of gas full] drain it and reinstall it [with only 38 miles on the clock], all this on the day i was to take delivery, to this day i still think of that and laugh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts