Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Forum !!!! Newbie checking in. I just purchased a used Dodge Ram 2500 Big Horn SLT Shorted with a 5.9L Turbo Cummins. Very, very, very happy with the truck as I needed some muscle to pull my 5th wheel.
Get this!!!! On the way home from the dealer on the 215 freeway in CA I deliberately drove in the slow lane 55 mph and got a whopping 27.1 MPG !!!!! Shot it up to 60 and dropped to 26.4 shot it up to 70 mph and still was getting 25.2 MPG. HOW CAN YOU BEAT THAT FOR A 3/4 ton truck? I am so amazed. I know my diesel mileage will drastically drop when I start pulling the 5th wheel, but when my rig is not attached and am pleased to know it gets that great of diesel mileage per gallon. There are 92 Thousand miles on the truck and I would like to ask the forum about how much life will I have left in this engine. It has had excellent care and is a one truck owner, I am the second, and I plan on maintaining the truck well with very, very regular service, especially seeing I will be pulling my 5th wheel at least two to three times per year.
So please give me your opinions, advice and statistics on the life of this trucks motor. I really wanted a 6 speed manual, but could not find one in the price range for the area I searched. So I settled for the 6 speed automatic. I would like to hear from you manual owners and automatic owners and give me your options, experiences and advice regarding your history. Tell me the kind of mileage you all are getting as well. Would love some feedback from all of you. I know this is a mixed forum and not just Dodge so please everyone advise me. When I said I am not new to Diesel, I have a 240D Mercedes Benz 1982 in excellent condition and it has currently 464 thousand miles on it and is going strong. I will share a picture of it and the truck. Can't wait to hear from all of you.
:smileup:

Pictures of the truck:
http://www.jackpowell.com/vehicle/pre-owned/443518-3D7KR28C46G118054/2006-Dodge-Ram_2500.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Hello my5thwheel needs a 2500
Congratulations on your new truck
Your excitement and satisfaction definitely shines through in your opening post.
Glad you joined our happy lil family here at diesel forums.
Enjoy your stay.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Welcome!
Those fuel economy numbers are almost right. However, if you subscribe to fuelly.com and use there tools you will find the true fuel economy of your truck. to address your longevity question. Your truck should do well over 600,000 miles before the trucks body craps out on you. The power-plant should last you a few more miles after that LOL! The cumming is a stout engine capable of 1,000,000 miles. Keep up with your meticulous maintenace and you should be fine.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Welcome
welcome to dieselforums.
That's great fuel milage.
And rustin,there's no g in cummins.:smileup:

·
Registered
1,448 Posts

·
Banned
1,488 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
No I'm serious !!!! I'm still laughing :)

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts