Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok everyone be prepared, I can assume that this question has been beaten to death so if its as simple as someone directing me to the appropriate thread then I would greatly appreciate it.

I am in the market for a 1ton dually diesel. I want to tow a 5th wheel but am unsure of what I am getting. I feel its more important to get the absolute correct tow vehicle rather than the rv.

I have done some basic research and have found that it created more questions and headaches than answer them.

I am not partial in any way to dodge, chevy or ford. I have read the goods and bads on all of them.

I need to know what is the better based on I guess real world experience. What motors to avoid or better yet maybe a short wish list of what I SHOULD be looking for. I am also not partial to a 2wd or 4wd. I have another 4wd vehicle for winter driving.

If I think of more questions I will ask, Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Hi Dave
Congratulations on reaching that life milestone (buying that dream camper and tow vehicle) and hitting the open road. Many dream it, but never reach that dream in their life time.
I admit I love ALL diesel burning rigs but am parcel to the Allison 6sp Transmission and Duramax LMM engine for long haul pulling

·
Registered
935 Posts
welcome to dieselforums.
Basicly lmm is the model for a certain year of the duramax motor.
Each upgrade chevy does to the duramax they change the model. lmm,lly,ect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.