Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
New from MN. Joined to learn what not to do with a diesel truck. I think I joined too late as the truck is at the dealer's with major engine issues. It is only been two days and I miss my truck!

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Welcome from Redding CA. at the dealership? Oops! what happened?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Hey Keto
Glad you join. Hopefully as soon as you get your truck back we can help you to keep it ship shape.
So why is it at the diesel hospital??? Hope it's not serious

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
welcome to the dieselforums from one of your friendly forum super moderators. I hope you continue to come back often, to become a valuable member of our forum.

what was the issue with your truck?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They do not know what happened. Metal shavings in the oil plan. They say the engine is terminal. I am at a loss. I bought the truck used- it had been a fleet vehical before I bought it, all service work done regularly. There is about 20-25,000 miles of mystery use. I kept it up. While I had it, no engine light on, was getting 18-19 mpg before the engine went. (Except for when I towed- just a bumper pull horse trailer- two horses and not major distances.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No I did not. The dealership is not doing any more work on it. They could take it apart, but that would cost me a lot more money. I have been searching the internet for a replacement motor, but I want to make sure I am not dealing with any fliy by night company.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
That sounds like your best bet Keto... Keep us updated on your engine search.
Most auto recyclers will warranty their used engine for 30 to 90 days
Some will even do the installation.
Good luck man
Keep us posted

1 - 9 of 9 Posts