Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone ,new to this site have lots of diesels such as a Toyota LC with a 6.2,shop truck with a 6.5 shop truck with a 7.3(ford) 550 ford 2003 with a powerstrock forgive me if I can look this up but my 2003 ford will not swith tanks or register on the full gauge.power down to the selector is that it .Ford says they have never sold one.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
ok so let me get this right... dual tanks. not switching from one to the other. 1 tank or both dont register full? first one sounds like a bad switch. 2nd thing might be a fuel level sensor..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes dual tanks ,Main tank registering and when I switch the rear does not register or switch .Power down to the selector switch which leads me to beleave its the selector,Ford says they have never sold or had a problem with them,And we have all heard that before.So I though some of you folks may have run into this before. THX Greg

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Welcome to the Site! I agree with the ZH. Test the switching system, from the cab to the tanks. Then test your sending units in the tanks! but before you test the sending unit, check for accuracy in your fuel gauge!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Welcome to the site. Glad to have ya here

1 - 6 of 6 Posts