Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here goes! HI Ya'll! I am totally new to this and new to the whole Ram thing...so I am looking for some input. I am looking to purchase a 3rd generation Ram 2500 HD diesel (poss. 4x4). Retiring soon and hope to get an RV and hit the road:smileup: So...I have been told 2005 model is the best of the 3rd gens, and all others in that range have had problems here and there. I have looked at Edmunds and a couple of other places for reviews but I am not yet convinced. Feedback PLEASE:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Welcome to Diesel Forums. And Congratulations on your up coming retirement adventures Glad you joined. Enjoy your stay.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
You're in good hands with the Ram 2500HD. however do keep doing your homework on what you want. The Ram you're after does have some inherent glitches, but it's an all around steady reliable truck compared to other brands of the same year. The best thing about that truck is you have the best of all the 5.9l parts. Very tunable! More specialty equipment is coming out everyday for that model. Are you interested in towing, and how much wheeling are you really going to be doing?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
welcome to the dieselforums from one of your friendly forum super moderators. I hope you continue to come back often, to become a valuable member of our forum.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Welcome to DF!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts