Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to the others migrating to this website.
My experience with Diesel Trucks is strictly as a user --------------have bought 9 new Diesels since 1996. All prior ones were Fords: now took delivery of our first new RAM Laramie, 4x4, CC, just prior to Christmas.
No towing yet; will install hitch and begin RV'g, in April, or so.
I'm interested in hearing from other recreational users ----- particularly with respect to squeezing some better MPG's from the 6.7's. If anyone has achieved this in a cost effective manner, I'd be interested in reading/viewing your details.
Much appreciated:D
Rudy

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome to the Diesel Forumz from Kansas. Great site with great people. If you have any questions feel free to ask. We'll do our best to help :cool:

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Welcome to the Diesel Forumz...Glad to have you here!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2011 laramie

Thanks Dave
I like the "low-end torque"; getting used to a slightly "stiffer" ride"; like the audio/navigation features; am hopeful that its economy will be better than my 2008 Powerstroke.
Can't comment with too much experience yet. Put on only 1000 miles prior to our leaving Canada for the CA Desert (Snowbiirds). I''ve already bought a new Curt 5thWheel Hitch to install when we get back towards the end of March. Give it a work out thereafter.
Cheers
Rudy:)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome to the Forums!!!

Congrats on the new ride, looking forward to pics of it. As for MPG, they really don't start getting broke in till around 25k, so don't expect a ton. I am getting currently around 13 city and 17 hwy with the 37's. It seems to get better over time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2011 laramie

welcome to the site! how do you like the new truck?
Hi and Thanks for the welcome.
Like I mentioned in earlier post(s) there are definitely things I like about the Ram (low end torque, Navigation, BU Camera, slightly tighter turning radius, exhaust brake, manual gear selection, etc.) but then, there are things I miss from the SuperDuty (smoother feeling ride, retracting mirrors, slightly quieter operation, etc.) Both are good trucks ------ just couldn't rationalize the $$$$ difference for a given level of Dress.:sad:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello fellow diesel enthusiasts. I bought a new Dodge Ram 2wd Quad cab in 1998 to haul a truck camper and pull a utility trailer. I also drove it to and from work. We have camped summers 2 months at a time for several years. The truck has performed very well. It is still going strong with nearly 180k miles.

Hope to learn what has changed over the years, as I hope to be in the market for a new truck in a couple years. Enjoyed the forum so far.

·
Registered
44 Posts
welcome on...for cheap way to improve mileage, get a dpf delete kit from any vendor, and the sim's that go in place of the stock sensors, and unplug the egr...you will have a check engine light, though, so your remote start will not work...but yes, the fuel mileage does get better the more miles on the motor, it tops out at about 50k

·
Registered
44 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts