Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my first diesel in June 2011,Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie. I'm looking into getting an exhaust for the truck. It comes stock with 4" tubes. Whats a good exhaust system? I'm aware that there are DPF deletes.There are turbo back, cat back systems. Whats the advantage to 5" tubes over 4" and what would you vet diesel owners recommend to get? I saw a Magnaflow Black Series that looked interesting. Also whats one of the better programmers? I don't want the programmer for speed ,towing. I want better fuel milage and reliability,don't want to be servicing my tranny anytime soon!I have a 70 Buick GS for burning down the track. I don't want a screaming banshee sounding diesel either but a healthy sounding one. Muffler? No Muffler? I'd appreciate any insight into diesel exhaust and programmers.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Welcome to dieselforums
The only real difference between the 4" and 5'' system is the 5'' is louder than the 4''.
As for a dpf delete system, there are several to choose from. But you will need a certain brand programer to fool the ecu into thinking the dpf is still there. AS for doing a straight pipe system, that will depend on the area you live in,and their emissions regs.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Trevor got it right! And welcome to the Forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts