Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning everyone. New to the forum so a quick intro:
I'm JB and live in Central Texas, have 2 Dodge Cummins, a 2nd gen '99 4x4 2500 quad cab and a 3rd gen '08 2x4 3500 quad cab dually. I just picked up the '08 last year with only 22k miles on it and have been doing research on deletes and how to prevent codes. So far it seems H&S and MADS (Smarty) are required to disable the EGR and regens while preventing codes; however, I have seen some stuff about EFi Live that may also be promising. There also seems to be some Shibby SIMS out there that may work too if you don't care about post delete tuning.
Other than outside rigging (Running boards, Headache rack, grill, etc) and a 2" leveling kit, the '08 is stock. I want to get all I can out of the 6.7 and am looking for ideas. This truck is a daily driver running unloaded in town as much as loaded pulling tractors, hay, livestock, etc..... so I'm mainly interested in some added power, lower temps and, of course, improving mpg. I appreciate any and all guidance you have to offer.
Happy to be part of the group....JB

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Welcome JB! Post up your questions on the Cummins Ram part of the forum And somebody will help you. I love the EFILive system. However it might be to hard for some.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Welcome to DF from Colorado.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Welcome to diesel forums
Glad you signed up.. Enjoy your stay

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Welcome to the forum bud. I see you are from my old stomping grounds. I was stationed at Fort Hood from 2004-2009. I actually miss Texas at times. I hope you keep coming back to our forum to become a valuable member of the forum!

As far as the questions go. Check out our reputable vendors, they will definitely steer you in the right direction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts