Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As an old Stude man I miss the Hilholder. I understand the Ram offered the option called 'hill start assist' or hill holder. Anyone know of this as Dodge dealer said yes they offered it but did not know when. Is it possible to purchase one from a dealer and have it installed? I pull a 5th wheel and one of these would make stopping on hills and restarting under load a delight! I'm completely new to this type ofcomputer usag3e so hope I'm doing it correctly! jerry hurst

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Hi Jerry
Welcome to Diesel Forums
Glad you joined. Enjoy your stay.
The only thing you did wrong was using your personal name as your User name.

On the internet: It's not a good idea to use your full name. It's an identity protection thing.

My self, I have never herd of the HILL HOLD feature either. I've only ever used my big boots on 3 peddles or a slow hand brake release on take off.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Hi Jerry
Welcome to Diesel Forums
Glad you joined. Enjoy your stay.
The only thing you did wrong was using your personal name as your User name.

On the internet: It's not a good idea to use your full name. It's an identity protection thing.

My self, I have never herd of the HILL HOLD feature either. I've only ever used my big boots on 3 peddles or a slow hand brake release on take off.
I'm not scared to use my name. They can get my social, I.D, Credit Card info. They would be doing me a favor. Plus My stuff is locked pretty good. So 509-23-4587 <--Please I dare you to! LOL!

Other then that!
Welcome Jerry Hurst!

To answer your question. Depending on the year of truck it can be installed at a later time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts