Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im 17 and currently in the market for a truck, i like diesels alot and know a little about them but im sure all you guys reading this know more. My price range is 15k Ive heard great things about the Ford 7.3, I want a truck thats going to be reliable and almost every source has turned me to this truck, but i want to hear some other peoples opinion on dodges fords chevys etc... I like the Ford 99-early 03, 99-02 Dodge Thanks guys

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Welcome from Redding CA.
I drive an early 1999 F-250 Super Duty. I love my truck! It's been expensive to maintain, after all it holds a little over 4 gallons of oil. I do a few things extra because of the injection system. It has been able to keep me at 17 mpg city. I do know of some of the cummins that you're looking at getting are better MPGs. The Duramax with EFIlive is the truck to get from 2001+ and now that EFIlive is being made for some of the cummins products, mostly your ISB class 5.9l to the 6.7l engines it will be a serious contender. It all depends on what you need your truck for?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Welcome to Df from Colorado.

As far as brand, I personally am a die hard Ford guy. If you are looking at getting a 7.3, i would look into an early 99, they have better rods, late 99 and up have weaker PMRs.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Welcome to dieselforums. The Ford 7.3 is a great motor. The Dodge 5.9 is a tried and true motor. I have the 5.9 12 valve Cummins and love it. I don't know much about the duromax motors.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Welcome to Diesel Forums
Glad your here. Enjoy your stay

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Welcome to dieselforums. The Ford 7.3 is a great motor. The Dodge 5.9 is a tried and true motor. I have the 5.9 12 valve Cummins and love it. I don't know much about the duromax motors.
:wow: LOL! Hater! :gy:

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
How am I a hater rustin?
Oops. Sorry. I was making light of you misspelling Duramax as "Duromax" and since you're a ram guy? :kap: I was trying to make a joke? :(

·
Registered
935 Posts
Oh,ok. No biggie then.yes I am a ram Guy. But that doesnt mean I don't like the other diesels. Duramax motors are ok. I have a coworker that just got a duramax and he loves his truck. He got rid of his Ford 6.0 l for it. He had to many problems with the other truck.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I have a 7.3 (in my sig) that i have been considering selling (want to upgrade a little), and it falls into your price range and it already has some mods done. It will still give you a decent amount of money for more mods, or put you can that left over money in the good old savings account!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts