Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
If you buy a truck older then 1998, your OK. If you buy one later your fine there to. It's kinda relaxed as long as you pass the visual inspection and the snap idle test. However, If you buy a vehicle with EGR and DPF of DEF. You need to keep them on. However I'm not going to tell you the ways around those things. The DEF is important thats the best Idea that they have ever come out. the DPF and EGR blows Chunks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you buy a truck older then 1998, your OK. If you buy one later your fine there to. It's kinda relaxed as long as you pass the visual inspection and the snap idle test. However, If you buy a vehicle with EGR and DPF of DEF. You need to keep them on. However I'm not going to tell you the ways around those things. The DEF is important thats the best Idea that they have ever come out. the DPF and EGR blows Chunks!
OK, I'm heading to bed and am a newbie. I will search all the acronyms in the tomorrow, but if it's not too much trouble, what is EGR, DPF and DEF (sorry,newbie!).

·
Registered
935 Posts
egr=exhaust gas recirculation
dpf=diesel particulate filter
def=diesel exhaust fluid
Personaly, i hate the egr,and dpf. worthless piles of junk.
def=another joke.
Don't worry about being a newbee, we all were at one point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.