Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about purchasing a 2004 F-350 with 6.0 Diesel , everything I read is that the engines are junk . I know people that have not had problems and others that will never buy a Ford again . Is the motor as bad as I hear ?

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
You either get a bad one or a good one. I wouldn't buy one without getting a Oasis report on the truck from Ford. If your going to buy a 6.0 I would get atleast an 05 or newer.

Luke

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Welcome to Diesel Forums
What is the story behind your user name?
Enjoy your stay here at DF Glad your here.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Welcome to DF from Colorado.

I have an 04 with 116,000+ on it and haven't had any "major" issues with it. I have only owned it for about 3yrs now and I have only had to address the EGR valve and FICM. The OASIS report on mine came back with just an EGR valve cleaning and what not. I am pretty damn confident that I have a good one. 6.0's can be an amazing motor, unfortunately a lot crapped out and left a bad taste in most peoples mouth.

I love my 6.0 and won't get rid off it!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
welcome to the forum from one of this sites great super moderators. we hope you come back often to become a valuable member of the forum!

sorry cant give you any real info. i got a 7.3

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
welcome to the forum from one of this sites great super moderators. we hope you come back often to become a valuable member of the forum!

sorry cant give you any real info. i got a 7.3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts