Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
such as the old ford 6.9 the 7.3 idi (non powerstroke), the old GM 6.2 and 6.5's, and even branch out to things like the cummins 4BT motors since they are such a popular swap into trucks and jeeps alike now a days... lets expand the coverage and allow more owners to enjoy what we have!

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
The smaller Mercedes power-plants are also excellent, and are good to use in conversions. For some of the 6.9l idi fords and 6.2l & 6.5l Gm diesels the turbo units from the Mercedes work really well for them. If you have a 4bt and are in need of a fuel pump the Mercedes fuel pumps will fit with few modifications. It looks like a P-pump. Most of the Mercedes came in 4, 5, and 6 inline cylinder power-plants. Back to the Cummins, they have some variation on some of the 4 cylinders. Such variations that include the ISB 4 cylinder and a CR ISB 4 cylinder. You could find a QSB type But they were mostly equipment based. A few of your ISB 4s are going to be hard to find, mostly Fed-ex or UPS Truck would have them. You would be hard pressed to find one over here in California, they shipped most of them out of state.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
i know that there is a diesel swap on the jeep forums going on, but the hemi is most popular
:str: I can't belive you said Hemi in a Diesel Forum! :doh:Crap! now you made me say it! I am not a diesel blasphemer. I am not a diesel blasphemer. I am not a diesel blasphemer... Hail Mary... Wait I am not even Catholic.:gy::LOL:

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Another interesting choice of diesel power-plant. The International DT360, which is a wet sleeve 5.9l diesel. Not much on power but easy to work on. You find them mostly on old 80's buses. They make a great alternative to the cummins for swaps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts