Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im just beginning to learn how porrly the Gov't has screwed up my truck...its time to get rid of a few things! Here are my questions:

Any reviews on intakes? I like the Banks ram air but the S&B looks good as well...?

I am liking the H&S tuners, should i pull the trigger on a mini maxx or is there more technology on the way? I feel like its still early for this engine...maybe Banks has something cooking?

The DPF will be removed asap, should i just get the delete pipe or install a full catback system?
If full system, recommendations on muffler vs not...i love how quiet this truck is on the hwy.

Those will get me started, your thoughts or personal experience is appreciated.

Thanks, SS

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Hmm... If you want to spend the funds Banks has put a lot into their products. If you need to save a bit. There are plenty of alternatives for your truck.

I have no clue what state you live in, So I would say not to delete the DPF. EPA is getting heavily involved right now. However, If you be patient. EFI Live is being made public for your truck! You can do some amazing things with that Software!

Gauges, Gauges, Gauges! If you do any modifications to your fuel, intake and exhaust, you will need some gauges to monitor your vehicle! Going to a synthetic blend of oil might help out.

It all really varies on what your using this truck to do? You can go from sane to insane in a heart beat depending on the amount of funds you spend. Diesels are not cheap to maintain and modify.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in southern LA so im not sure how aware the EPA or local law is around here, but i;ll take your advice under heavy consideration. That said, i think intake is first so im just wondering what the best out there is?
Also, would an EGR delete benefit me if i left the DPF for now or should i just wait and do them both at the same time?
EFI live?...tell me more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nevermind i read up on the EFI live. Looks and sounds like a great option, but its too open for me. I'm no tuner and want the shift on fly capability so i think thats out.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Nevermind i read up on the EFI live. Looks and sounds like a great option, but its too open for me. I'm no tuner and want the shift on fly capability so i think thats out.
You can have it pre-programed by a qualified EFI Live tuner and a have a 6 pos switch installed. However if EFI Live is not for you look into MADDS Smarty tuner. Smarty has been the tuner of choice for years.

Now that I know you live in Louisiana! Louisiana Emissions Reductions Act this link does not say that your going to have to keep your truck stock. All it says that the first step to controlling diesel emissions is in effect starting with government vehicles. For now Delete everything, but do not throw away any of the parts.

For an Intake system, I'm biased I prefer an S&B system with a green filter or just a paper filter. The traditional oil filter system is creating some issues.

For an Exhaust system. I'm not so biased I'd have a hard time picking from MBRP, Black Diamond, and FLow pro come to mind. I have shaked hands with the owners of those three exhaust businesses.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback Rustin. I'm pricing out some options now.

What about the air intake horns and boost tubes...are these really beneficial mods without upgrading the intercooler, wastegate or turbo? Should i just stick with the CAI, tuner and exhaust for now or is there a better order i go in as far as first mods?

·
Registered
4 Posts
What did you end up deciding on southern??
interested to know/hear your results... Recently did deletes etc on mine as well, loving the results to this point...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts