Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i jus recently bought an 08 6.7 dodge cummins today i jus put in the mini maxx H&S tuner on it today with a 5inch straight pipe turbo back exhaust..my question is my tranny temp is around 170 with coolant level around 190 -200 thats set on the mild setting..ive been told with the hot level on the tuner it will blow the tranny if not beefed up..however today i put the setting on hot an the temp readings were roughly on the same setting..is it safe to occasionally run the hot setting with the factory tranny if its running the same temps?? this is my frist diesel truck an dont really know alot about them nor will i try to say i do lol but thats why im here to learn!!:wow:any feed back is much appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
From what I have read in many forums, its the tranny fluid pump that can't handle the extra line pressure put under it from the wild/hot settings. I would keep the settings to a mild/minimum. IMHO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just did the same mini maxi tuner, but 4" exhaust...
I also did H&S's tranny tuning, which keep line pressures higher, and through a broader range. I keep the truck on mild, with the very occasional blast on hot, just to pass someone in a hurry or show off just a bit hahaha.
I find the deletes and mild tune make the truck run great when coupled with the free flow intake/exhaust...

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
you will eventually need to upgrade your transmission. It can only handle so much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts