Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i jus recently bought an 08 6.7 dodge cummins today i jus put in the mini maxx H&S tuner on it today with a 5inch straight pipe turbo back exhaust..my question is my tranny temp is around 170 with coolant level around 190 -200 thats set on the mild setting..ive been told with the hot level on the tuner it will blow the tranny if not beefed up..however today i put the setting on hot an the temp readings were roughly on the same setting..is it safe to occasionally run the hot setting with the factory tranny if its running the same temps?? this is my frist diesel truck an dont really know alot about them nor will i try to say i do lol but thats why im here to learn!!:wow:any feed back is much appreciated

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I moved your thread to Dodge RAM Diesel Performance - Driveline. from the Introductory forum Newbie Checking In.
It's not gonna be the temperatures the cripple your tranny. It's the high Torque and HP that's gonna break your trannies weakest link.
Most of these warnings are within the safe zone to protect the manufacturer. but there is some truth to them. Eventually, you luck will run out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the feedback! i jus dont wanna keep runnin the wild tune setting if its gonna screw up the clutch or anything like that..a buddy of mine was sayin i would be okay but its best if i get better advice than from someone who is barely legal to drink lol what upgrades would i need if i wanted to run the truck on the wild or hot tune?

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
thanks for the feedback! i jus dont wanna keep runnin the wild tune setting if its gonna screw up the clutch or anything like that..a buddy of mine was sayin i would be okay but its best if i get better advice than from someone who is barely legal to drink lol what upgrades would i need if i wanted to run the truck on the wild or hot tune?
Did you open up your intake? A trans cooler upgrade might be in the plans for you, along with a transmission upgrade. That should be the first thing done, if your going to be running the wild tunes! Better advice from somebody barley legal to drink? I hope you were sober when you were told that. :shakehead:

Anyway H&S is a decent Tuner, but? Smarty and EFILive is the answer. Just make sure you have upgraded your transmission! It won't take much to boost numbers up! and then empty Wallet and break parts.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
If you are planning on sticking with the Mini Maxx, which I have ran on all three my 6.7's you can go with their Overdrive trans tuning which will help increase line pressure and shift points.

As with any truck running a high hp you could always put drivetrain parts in questions, just use common sense when using them.

James
RSD

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
If you are planning on sticking with the Mini Maxx, which I have ran on all three my 6.7's you can go with their Overdrive trans tuning which will help increase line pressure and shift points.

As with any truck running a high hp you could always put drivetrain parts in questions, just use common sense when using them.

James
RSD
About time you posted back on here! Where have you been?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts