Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody,new to the diesel forum(recently switched from ramforumz) here with a few simple questions.

I literally just sold my 02 ram 1500 today.paperwork will be done monday and it will be gone.tomorrow i am going to look at a 91 350 cummins and i was wondering you guys opinion.

this truck has 170k on it.a 7 inch lift with rancho shocks. kandn air filter.fuel has been turned up a little,not much. and 3inch straight exhaust.it has a 14 bolt rear end and a dana 60 front.305/70-16s on it on 10 wide bullet hole rims.also, about a year ago he did a nv4500 swap into it,only like 6k on it.

the negatives...the body is straight with no rust,but is just primer gray.so it will need to be painted.also the fuel gauge is not working, so it may the sending unit which im not sure about how hard it is but its prob a PITA.and the passenger door handle is broke on the inside.

the guy is asking $5500.just recently dropped the price from $6000.

What do you guys think?i think the truck is clean,and i have gone diesel crazy haha i just dont wanna rush into it.

on another note, will 15in rims fit on that truck?i gotta buddy who has some 15x14 bart wheels i wanna get for it but idk if they will fit.

all opinions,positive or negative, are welcome.thanks everybody.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Welcome to diesel forums.
The fuel tank sending unit may be the issue with the fuel gauge.
Someone else might chime in at some point.
Wish i could be more help.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
If thats all thats wrong? I'd go and pay to have it scanned for codes and inspected so that you will know exactly what your getting. Sounds like a good buy?

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Welcome to diesel forums.
The fuel tank sending unit may be the issue with the fuel gauge.
Someone else might chime in at some point.
Wish i could be more help.
I have yet to see you contribute bad technical information. Don't sell yourself short.

·
Registered
124 Posts
X2 on the sending unit not a hard fix drop the tank[or remove the bed how i did it] sending unit is attached to the unit in the tank got one off the internet [e bay] works great took several hours to complete. The older trucks don't have a pump in the tank only the sending unit,pickup screen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.