Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok there are as many opinions on the matter as there are discussions about the chicken and the egg.

I want to know the brand, weight, dino oil or synthetic, filter selection and if you use additives, and why you use what you do.

i gotta do an oil change when i get home, so this discussion will help myself and others as well.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I use a part synthetic in my motor,and the oil change interval is at 4,000 miles.And when the oil has been changed it still looks almost clean.The oil filter i use is a mopar filter.As for the oil weight i'm not sure because i have dodge do it because i'm usually pretty busy.

as for additives, i don't use any in my motor.But i do in my fuel tank about every other month.I use diesel kleen and havn't had any problems.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I do my my oil change at every 7000 km with the Shell Rottella T6 100% Synthetic 5w40 and I use the GM oil filter.
I've tried other filters, but I'm not happy with them (Flow back valve)

As for additives: The only additive I use is a fuel additive in the very COLD weather

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
I'm using Amsoil with Rev-X oil additive and Amsoil oil Filter. Going on 12k miles. Rev-X fuel additive ever other fill up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts