Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay just purchased a 2014 F250 6.7 with EGR Delete, Particulate Filter Delete , Cat back 4 inch exhaust Programmer( not sure of name brand } cold air intake Want to get a second key programmed and was told by Ford that because it had a programmer on it they couldn't program a key . How or can we take off the programmer so can get another key ? Sorry new to the Delete stuff so want correct answers . Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well... We have us a dilemma. I'm driving a 2016 with full deletes, exhaust, and a programmer. I LOVE my truck. And I avoid dealers like the plague. First off, because of the work done on your truck, you will have warranty issues, and/or service issues. The dealer will probably right upfront tell you your warranty is void, and no matter what is wrong with the truck it will not be covered. That is not necessarily true. Different dealers do different things. If you have some kind of warranty left (It's a 2014, and with the deletes, you probably bought it "As Is", without any warranty.) Things that break not related to the changes you mention may be covered by a different dealer. I'm betting that you told the dealer/person at the dealership all about your new baby. That dealer chose to refuse. Find another dealer, walk in to the parts department and have them order you a key. They will use the VIN to order that. Bring your registration with you as proof of ownership. They do not need to know anything about your truck, or see your truck in person. What that dealer is doing is B.S. Getting a second key has nothing to do with any modifications you may or may not have on your truck.
Good luck, Sir.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You don't know or didn't say what programmer is installed in your truck, but if it is a Mini Maxx you can delete the tune back to factory settings so the dealer can flash the computer to program the new FOB. Then you can go through the process to re-install the delete tune. There may be other systems that operate like this, but I only had the MM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You don't know or didn't say what programmer is installed in your truck, but if it is a Mini Maxx you can delete the tune back to factory settings so the dealer can flash the computer to program the new FOB. Then you can go through the process to re-install the delete tune. There may be other systems that operate like this, but I only had the MM.
Thank you ! Yes it is the mini max so will definitely try that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts