Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
You might be able to get a Jacobs break for your truck. I have only heard of them being installed on 2007+ Dodge trucks. It wont be a true (Jacobson) valve break. It is an exhaust break, that will work with the transmission to slow you down when you need it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
the 6.7's have a variable geometry turbo that closes the exhaust housing size down when you let off the throttle for an exhaust brake function...it works pretty good

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a cummins jacob brake on mine. Works really well. It was installed after I bought the truck. I would go to the dealer and inquire and get the a part number for your pump and then check online unless you would like to have a new set up..

·
Registered
3 Posts
the 6.7's have a variable geometry turbo that closes the exhaust housing size down when you let off the throttle for an exhaust brake function...it works pretty good
i see you have a older dodge does it now have a 6.7 with exhaust brake? if so was it programed in or manually hooked to your throttle? the reason i am asking is i am changing from a 5.9 to a 6.7 and want to eliminate all the pollution junk off the 6.7 and use the 5.9 computer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts