Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hooked it all up and getting a code for EGT open circuit. i do have the wires hooked to my probe. the probe had already been installed. so far this 600 dollar pos isnt working. bout to switch to an edge or efi live but cant afford to now. any ointers?

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Did you check the full length of the egt wiring for kinks and feel for broken wires. The other alternative is to replace the probe. It doesn't take much for them to go bad. I had any extreme EGT temp while towing thought something major was going out. Replaced the probe and fixed it.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
You can also try connecting the two leads for the probe together and see if the problem is still there. This a way to run it without a probe.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Hmm.. Is the tuner getting any power? If so, it is obviously not connecting to the information system on the truck. Recheck your installation manual and reinstall. if it still does not work. go to the place you bought it from and get it replaced.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the input ima try reistalling one more time then im calling banks for a refund im sick of messing with it

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
What ever you do, don't get the edge, they are still having interfacing (Software) issues. Go for the EFI Live! That is the best for your truck. If EFI Live is to expensive? Go with PPE.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nope because i sent it back. ordered a ppe instead. by the way i recomend never ordering anything from XDP diesel. there customer service screwed me on 40 buck in shipping becuase they sent me a defective product. customer service is shitty and could only give me a store credit. I will
NEVER BUY FROM XDP AGAIN!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Thats to bad!

nope because i sent it back. ordered a ppe instead. by the way i recomend never ordering anything from XDP diesel. there customer service screwed me on 40 buck in shipping becuase they sent me a defective product. customer service is shitty and could only give me a store credit. I will
NEVER BUY FROM XDP AGAIN!!!!!!!!
Yikes!.... Wow. That blows chunks? Well, when you have money and you'r advertising budget is higher then your employee budget these things happen. Sorry to read it happened to you.

Let us know when you get the PPE?:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts